Rapini with Mustard and Bourbon Cream Sauce
- 1 bunch rapini
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. butter
- 3 oz. Kentucky bourbon
- ¼ cup onion, very finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tbs. Kozlik's Daily Dijon
- 2 tbs. Kozlik's Dijon Classique Mustard
- 1 cup 35% cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. grated parmesan
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, and cook the rapini until wilted but crisp.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the butter, onion, and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the bourbon, and cook off the alcohol. Add the Daily Dijon mustard, and stir in the cream. Cook for 2 minutes, and add the Dijon Classique mustard, salt and pepper. Cook until thickened.
Pour the sauce over the rapini, and serve. Garnish with the grated parmesan.