- 1 cod filet
- 1 tbs. grated ginger
- 2 hot Thai chilies, fine chopped
- 1 tbs. lemon grass, fine chopped
- ¼ tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ beaten egg
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1 tbs. green onion, chopped
- 1 tbs. chopped ripe tomato
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1 russet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tbs. Kozlik's Lemon and Basil Mustard
In an open pan, poach the cod with celery, parsley stalks, white wine, and water until just done. Remove from the liquid and allow to cool. Discard the liquid.
Flake the fish into a bowl, and mix in all the ingredients except the panko and olive oil. Divide the mix to six parts, and press each part into a patty. Coat each patty liberally with panko.
In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until golden brown all over. Serve while still hot with desired sauce.
N.B. If cod is not available, use any white fish with firm course flaked flesh.