Cheddar & Rosemary Shortbread
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Kozlik's Brown Mustard Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in rosemary, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss cheese and flour together. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until combined well. Knead together and divide dough into 2 and shape into 11 inch (28 cm) logs. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until dough is firm. Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Slice log into 1/2 inch (1 cm) rounds and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are crispy. Repeat with remaining dough.