Beer Mustard Soup
- 1/2 lb cubed bacon or pancetta
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 leeks trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Kozlik's Dijon Classique
- 1.5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 12- ounce bottle beer Pale lager or Pilsner
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch optional
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
Cook the bacon or pancetta in a soup pot on medium-high heat until crispy. Strain and place on paper towel in a plate. Add the fat back to the pot.
Reduce to medium, mix in the onion with the leek and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the stock, beer, mustard, milk, and the cream to the pot.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Puree the soup in a blender and add back to the pot.
Stir the cornstarch wit 2 tablespoons of cold water. Mix into the soup and simmer until thickened.
Season with salt and pepper, and top with bacon or pancetta.