Apple & Brussels Sprouts Coleslaw
- ½ Can of Hard Cider (about 250ml or 1 cup)
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, shaved thin, end of core discarded
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 med Shallot, core removed and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp Kozlik's Niagara Classic mustard
- 7 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar, or a little more to taste
- 5 Sprigs thyme, leaves picked and chopped
- 5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a medium sized sauce pan, bring beer and sugar to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add 3.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar and a good pinch of salt, then reduce by half again.
- Once reduced, add the sliced shallot. Let cool to room temperature.
- When reduced beer is cool, whisk in Kozlik's Niagara Classic mustard, remaining apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Toss with Brussels sprouts and let sit for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally to coat evenly.
- Add matchstick-sliced apples and chopped thyme. Toss to combine.
- Season with Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.